How to Buy US Government-Owned Homes and Farm Properties

After you find a USDA-Rural Development/Farm Services Agency home or farm property on the USDA-RD/FSA Resales web site that you want to buy, you should contact the local USDA-Rural Development/Farm Services Agency servicing office, which will provide the most current and accurate information regarding the status of the home/ farm property, as well as your eligibility for potential program benefits.

You can find the local servicing office contact information on the home's/ farm property's description web page. Depending on your circumstances and the status of the property listed, your method of bidding and ultimately purchasing the property may vary.

Please refer to the Comments on the individual property pages for special instructions that may be unique to each property.